You took the Teacher Pledge. Now what?
- Continue progress toward and completion of your teacher education program
- Complete your FAFSA for each academic year that you are enrolled in a teacher education program (Note: summer term is included in the previous year’s FAFSA)
- Participate in Teacher Pledge activities as requested (e.g. research, surveys, etc.)
If you have questions, reach out to Teacher Pledge Program Manager Carly Marco at email@example.com.
As a Teacher Pledge alum, you must:
- Complete your online Teacher Pledge loan exit interview with the Bursar’s Office
- Obtain your Wisconsin educator license through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI)
- Obtain an at-least 75% full-time teaching position at a PK-12 Wisconsin school
- Work at least 75% full-time at a PK-12 Wisconsin school for three to four years over the five-year post-graduation period
- Complete the employment verification survey annually to be considered for Teacher Pledge loan forgiveness. You will receive this survey via email at the end of each school year of your five-year post-graduation period.
- Complete Teacher Pledge student surveys and other research-related requests
Upon completing your teaching commitment, you will receive notification stating that your Teacher Pledge loan has been fully forgiven!
Keep in Touch! We Appreciate You!
We can’t wait to hear all about your teaching joys, surprises, and challenges. Are you interested in sharing your experience with us? Reach out to Teacher Pledge Program Manager Carly Marco at firstname.lastname@example.org.