You took the Teacher Pledge. Now what?
- Continue progress toward and completion of your teacher education program
- Complete your FAFSA for each academic year that you are enrolled in a teacher education program (Note: Summer term is included in the previous year’s FAFSA)
- Participate in Teacher Pledge activities as requested (e.g. research, surveys, etc.)
If you have questions, reach out to Teacher Pledge Program Manager Carly Marco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Teacher Pledge graduate, you must:
- Complete your online Teacher Pledge loan exit interview with the Bursar’s Office
- Obtain your Wisconsin educator license through the Wisconsin Department of public Instruction (DPI)
- Obtain at least a 75% full-time teaching position at a PK-12 Wisconsin school
- Complete the loan cancellation and employment verification survey annually, Check your email at the end of each academic year you teach or are in deferment
- Complete Teacher Pledge student surveys and other research-related requests
- Work at least 75% full-time at a PK-12 Wisconsin school for three to four years over the five-year post-graduation period
Upon completing your teaching commitment, you will receive a letter stating that your Teacher Pledge loan has been fully forgiven!
Keep in Touch! We Appreciate You!
We can’t wait to hear all about your teaching joys, surprises, and challenges. How has your teacher career shaped up? Are you interested in sharing your experience with us? Reach out to Teacher Pledge Program Manager Carly Marco at email@example.com.